Location: Based in NFDHR ‘Hudaydah Field Office, with regular visits to targeted districts as needed.
Duration: 7 Months
Reporting to: NFDHR MEAL Manager & Project M&E Officer
The Job title under his/her supervision: Project Manager sharing to MEAL Manager
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Job Description
The M&E Assistant supports the M&E team in all monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of projects. This includes the development of the Project’s M&E framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making. The M&E Assistant reports directly to the MEAL Officer & NFDHR MEAL Manager. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
· Routine monitoring of activities (PDM/DDM/PDM)
· Providing monitoring reports to donor and supervisor
· Conducting field visits to ensure compliance with established standard and requirements.
· Prepare M&E plans, indicators and mechanisms with strategic program plans.
· Preparing M&E project summaries, annual/mouthy, mid and final reports in both languages Arabic and English.
· Responsible on verification of project beneficiaries meeting the criteria
· Develop and design information management systems resulting from monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, such as progress reports, databases and complaint mechanisms.;
· Assist the project managers in the field tasks, solutions of obstacles faced and technical, administrative.
· Document evaluation findings, including an analysis of beneficiary needs.
· Contribute to the program data collection, entry and management system through documentation and implementation
· Perform data collection methodology and apply M&E tools in actual data collection, as needed
· Oversee/support to conducted baseline, mid-line, and endline surveys of project
· Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff, as needed
· Document and archive all related M&E and Project documents in NFDHR and donor system
· Report monitoring data in a timely manner to the M&E officer & MEAL Manager
· Other activities agreed and discussed with the M&E Officer, Coordinator and Department
· Any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor
The role of the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to the M&E program and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
- University degree or minimum of agricultural, social sciences and prior experience with monitoring and evaluation is required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with an NGO, preferably in an emergency or conflict setting, including M&E capacity
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel), KOBO
- Knowledge of M&E related field-work such as surveys, sampling and data collection methodologies
- Experience with field level coordination with other stakeholders UN, INGOs, NNGOs and government
· Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
· Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
· English proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
· Excellent communication skills: written and oral
· Flexible and able to work well under pressure
· Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
· Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds