Contract type: Fixed term (full time)
Contract duration: 6 months subject to fund availability.
Duty Station: Will be roving between 40% based in Hodeida, 40% based in Hajjah, 20% based in Sana'a.
Report directly to: Project Manager.
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-proﬁt and nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conﬂict. aﬀected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conﬂict-aﬀected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; . Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance
NFDHR is implementing “Emergency Response Project in Health and Nutrition to the Vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Hajjah and Hodeida” which is funded by UNOCHA and designed with the aim to cover the gap for people in acute need through life-saving assistance of Health and Nutrition in the targeted districts and ensuring accessibility to humanitarian assistance among the most vulnerable IDPs and the host communities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
This project goal is to further enhance and improve the sustainability of the health care system and maintain the currently established level of services provided to the community through the provision of an integrated approach, prioritizing the most vulnerable population (pregnant and lactating women, under-five children, IDPs who are merged in the hosting community and host communities) and ensure quality health services through the project activities.
The pharmacist will work under the guidance of the Health and Nutrition project Manager. S/He will be responsible for Medicines Stock Management, Supervising the Distribution Process from warehouses to the HFs at the filed level, Preparing the Stock Consumption Reports, Assessing and Verifying Medicines Status in the Warehouses, Conducting Spot Check Visits to the targeted HFs. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly consuming reports.
- Provide necessary information (dosage, usage, and distribution) about the prescribed drugs to patients/clients.
· Follow-up the field pharmacists’ performance.
· Support logistical and financial departments in providing necessary supportive documents in order to facilitate procurement and payments.
· Prepare and review the drugs & medicines reports.
· Keep the project’s medicines in the warehouses from any damage or tamper.
· Visit and supervise the pharmacists and solve their problems that may occur.
- Print and process all records, reports and prescriptions and deliver them to the targeted facilities.
- Prepare the payment requests according to the field needs.
· Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
· Qualification in pharmacy.
· Minimum three years professional experience with drug management systems
· INGO experience preferred
· Accomplish all related tasks through ERP System.
· Working through Portal 365.
· Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
· Fluency in English is essential
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Flexible and able to work well under pressure
· Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
· Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted