Location: Based in NFDHR Al Hudaydah Field Office and with frequent visits to targeted districts.
Reporting to: FSL Program Manager
Contract Duration: 7 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
Project Manager Job Description
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring and evaluating the assigned tasks of project activities. "She/He will carry out managerial responsibilities of overall project activities over the whole period of the project. "He/she will be based at our Al Hudaydah field Office and with frequent visits to the operation project sites in Az Zhurah and Al Qanawis districts. The PM will be responsible of supervising all activities and ensure that the project is on the right track, achieving the planned targets, and indicators and performing all the respective activities. The PM will dedicate 100% from his/her time to this project. The Salary includes (Basic Salary, Transportation Allowance, Appearance Allowance, Social Insurance and Medical Insurance)
- Ensure implement the good qualify of project activities and administration duties smoothly and successfully in time manner (50%)
- Delivering project and NFDHR reports in appropriate and time manner (25%)
- Build a good coordination and communication with stakeholders, team and communities (25%)
Technical Support and Management:
· Project kick-off and presentation for project staff and related NFDHR Programme Manager.
· Develop the project micro-plan for implementation and monitoring & evaluation of activities and sets targets as included in the project description.
· Implement project activities according to the required standards/specifications in corresponding with the project timetable.
· Oversee the development of field staff capacity.
· Oversee the awareness sessions and trainings for staff, key stakeholders, and committees/BNFs’ representatives.
· Responsible for mobilization and sensitization of key stakeholders and target community communities to ensure deliver the assistance to eligible BNFs and target project sites.
· Support MEAL assistant to develop project activities, assessment, and studies tools under supervision of related program manager and MEAL unit.
· Responsible for targeting and registration of BNFs and identifying project sites/locations in agreement with related local authorities and target community committees/BNFs’ representatives based on project description, and related cluster and donor approach,
· Management of project livelihood activities in agreed mechanism with committees, key stakeholders and target BNFs based on project, sphere, related cluster and donor standards.
· Oversee situational and context analyses in target areas to ensure deliver the project activities and assistance to target BNFs with no harm.
· Supervise, plan, organize, and monitor all project activities carried out by the field staff.
· Develop evidence-based FSL awareness IEC materials and get them approved by relevant authorities and donor.
· Develop project under the supervision of related Program Manager.
· Oversee project monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring the achievement of project indicators and results at all stages of implementation
· Hold final responsibility for all project payments
· Ensure that all received project fund are spent according to the project budget
· Oversee to develop micro-logistic and financial project plan as well as HR if possible.
· Efficient financial management for the project in compliance with NFDHR’ model and donor regulations.
· Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to NFDHR and donor standards
• Prepare weekly liquidity plan
• Approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations
• Ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies are applied and properly documented in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department and Project HR procedures if possible.
• Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
Coordination and Representation:
· Agree and establish clear reporting and communication lines
· Work on developing and reviewing the project strategy in coordination with the concerned NFDHR Program, cluster, and local authorities at governorate and district level as well as target communities.
· Coordinate and communicate along with the relevant local authorities at governorate and district level, and representatives of target BNFs/communities within the project framework, ensuring their meaningful participation to respond to the local community’s needs based on project, cluster and donor standards.
· Oversee the implementation of project activities in coordination with other NGOs Project staff to ensure right targeting and avoid overleap.
· Coordinate among Project staff to ensure good implementation of activities and integrated approach and sustainable.
· Represent NFDHR and be active member in several meetings and events related to the Food Security & Agricultural sector such as the FSAC sub Hubs, and report and update information to the related Program Manager.
· Perform any other related duties as required
· Responsible to produce required donor, project activities, and NFDHR reports and data using donor and NFDHR systems and tempests in coordination with the M&E Assistant.
· Supervise and submit periodic studies, assessment, survey and evaluation reports around project in time manner.
· Supervise the maintenance and archiving of reports, records, and technical documents
· Prepare and send news reports to the Media Officer on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
· Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports.
· Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness.
The role of the Project Manager is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Project Manager is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s project and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Experiences, Qualifications and Abilities
- University degree in Agricultural, Constructional Irrigation, Social Sciences, Administration Business specialization, or a related subject.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience working in food security, Education, or management projects.
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements.
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural).
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs.
- Experience in donor relation.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
· Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Flexible and able to work well under pressure
· Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
· Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds